A MESSAGE FROM OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
COVID-19 and it’s corresponding economic chaos has reached the heart of our city. That’s why our top priority right now at Downtown Vacaville BID is the health and well-being of downtown employees, residents, and visitors.
As we pass the six month marker on COVID-related closures, we continue to communicate with local and state partners to get you information as soon as it is available. Please bookmark this page and join our merchant group on facebook to stay informed on fast-moving developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/142529623085262/.
Downtown Vacaville BID events have been cancelled through November 1, along with our annual Merriment on Main Holiday Tree Lighting. Our organizations’ goal remains to encourage people to visit, dine & shop in Downtown Vacaville. Our Farmers’ Market launched on May 2 with only essential fruits and vegetables offered and expanded to include craft vendors on June 13. We’re also currently developing safe alternatives to large festivals that keep our community engaged with our merchants, public places and attractions. Stay tuned!
We want you to know we’re here for you. As a resource for your business during the outbreak and its economic aftermath…..and ultimately, recovery. And through it all, we won’t stop reminding this community why their Downtown matters. We know you’ll be there fighting alongside us. If anyone is up for the challenge ahead, it’s you – our hearty, resourceful, resilient business owners.
Many of you have already modified operations to comply with state and county orders. Let us help magnify your communications. Have you changed your hours, menus, services? Tag us on Instagram @DowntownVaca or on Facebook @DowntownVacavilleBID so we can repost your communications, or post your notice in our merchant community group on Facebook:
Our Parker Street office is open by appointment and we are always reachable via phone at 707-451-2100.
Stay safe, stay healthy, inform yourself and protect your business….there will be an end to this chapter soon. – Brooke Fox, Executive Director, Downtown Vacaville BID
COVID-19 Resources and Links for Downtown Vacaville Merchants
Here are important links to information as well as resources for employers experiencing economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 impact:
STAY HEALTHY, STAY INFORMED:
- COVID testing now offered to all in Vacaville! https://admin.solanocounty.
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Governor Gavin Newsom Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/CAgovernor/
- Solano County OES Text Service: Text your zip code to 888777 to get vital notices from Solano County OES
- Alert Solano (Emergency Notification System): http://www.solanocounty.com/depts/oes/alertsolano/information.asp
- Solano County Department of Public Health. Daily updates on number of positive cases in the county, https://www.solanocounty.com/depts/ph/ncov.asp
- City of Vacaville: Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cityofvacaville/
- Downtown Merchants Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/142529623085262/.
- Call our office at 707-451-2100 for your FREE Box of Masks, Jug of Hand Sanitizer, Distancing Stickers >>>>>>>
- State of California Governor’s Office: Blueprint for a Safer Economy: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/
- State Blueprint: Tiers and Allowed Activities: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf
- State Recommendations for reopening https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/
- Solano County Guidelines for reopening: http://solanocounty.com/depts/ph/coronavirus_links/roadmap_to_recovery.asp
- Vacaville Al Fresco – Outdoor Business Program. https://www.ci.vacaville.ca.us/business/covid-19-outdoor-dining-program
- Take the Visit Vacaville Healthy Pledge: https://www.visitvacaville.com/vacaville-healthy-pledge/
- FREE, printable sign templates: https://www.signs.com/coronavirus-signage/
- Keep Vacaville Open: https://www.ci.vacaville.ca.us/government/city-manager-s-office/covid-19/keep-vacaville-open
GET THE WORD OUT:
- Tag us on Instagram @DowntownVaca or on Facebook @DowntownVacavilleBID so we can repost your communications,
- Post your status on our Downtown Merchant Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/142529623085262/.
- City of Vacaville: “Open for Business” Registry: https://www.ci.vacaville.ca.us/government/city-manager-s-office/covid-19/helping-out-small-businesses/?utm_source=S+%26+J+Advertising%2C+Inc.+Virtual+Publications&utm_campaign=a0bea19b14-SolanoYolo-ToGo_2020_04_27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8398765eb8-a0bea19b14-19207497
- City of Vacaville CARES Small Business Grant Program https://www.ci.vacaville.ca.us/business/vacaville-small-business-grant-program
- City of Vacaville – Links for Business Owners: https://www.ci.vacaville.ca.us/government/city-manager-s-office/covid-19/business-resources
- Rebuild Solano’s Small Business Grant Program – thru September 30. https://solanoemployment.org/rebuild-solanos-small-businesses-grant-program
- Help Main Street! A new web platform allowing any business to solicit local support through gift card sales. This platform will be promoted locally to the public by Downtown Vacaville BID, Chamber of Commerce, Visit Vacaville and City of Vacaville. Register your business today: HelpMainStreet.com
- A Guide to the Cares Act. https://www.sbc.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/2/9/29fc1ae7-879a-4de0-97d5-ab0a0cb558c8/1BC9E5AB74965E686FC6EBC019EC358F.the-small-business-owner-s-guide-to-the-cares-act-final-.pdf / More on CARES Act: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bLumny3gzY5MMLkbA7-Ap2eWEzTQKWaynbVP2u_VTiY/edit
- Solano Workforce Development Board Layoff Aversion Fund: https://solanoemployment.org/layoff-aversion-fund
- SBA offers disaster assistance to CA businesses economically impacted by the Coronavirus: https://www.californiasbdc.org/covid19-assistance
- SBA Disaster Assistance: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- SBA deferment Program: https://cdcloans.com/updates/
- Facebook Grants Program: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- Main Street America Resources: https://www.mainstreet.org/howwecanhelp/resourcecenter/covid19resources
- Solano Small Business Development Center: https://www.solanosbdc.org/about-us/news/covid-19-resources-businesses-march-13-2020
- Solano Workforce Development Board: http://solanoemployment.org/covid-19
- ADP small business resource center https://sbshrs.adpinfo.com/covid19-state-and-local-guidance
- Small Business Association-Guidance for Businesses: https://www.sba.gov/page/guidance-businesses-employers-plan-respond-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- OSHA-Guidance for preparing workplaces for COVID-19: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
- EDD Coronavirus FAQs: https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.html
- CDC Posters / Visual Aids: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html